Saturday, February 6, 2010

At Sea 12/11/09

Since I had already slept for 30 hours, I woke up at 3:00am and could not fall back asleep. I decided that I needed to get up, move around, and clean up a bit, so I took a long, hot shower. I was also pretty hungry, so I ate a few more crackers. Under the Tuscan Sun was on the movie channel, so I watched that until Natashia woke up. There was also a rainbow over the water since it was stormy.

The sea was still pretty rough, but I needed to get out. I was glad that Chad and Scott had invited us to join them at Cagney's for breakfast. While eating, we had a view of the pool deck, and we noticed several railings that had been blown out during the storms! Crazy! After breakfast, we went to the Shore Excursion desk to inquire about a discrepancy with the refund we were to receive for our Granada excursion. It seemed that they were trying to cheat us out of about $20 each, but we finally got it cleared up! We went back to our cabin for a bit to rest, and we watched some old Bugs Bunny cartoons on TV! I still was not feeling 100%, and my stomach muscles were very sore from vomiting and then not eating for a whole day. Around noon, Natashia and I went up to Chad and Scott's suite to relax and hang out for a while. They had ordered a pizza special from La Cucina, which was not open until later that evening! It was tasty, but I think my stomach was much too weak for it still. I had a stomach ache the rest of the day and most of the next. After lunch, we decided to watch a movie. First, we tried The Riddle. but it was very strange and very difficult to understand the accents of the actors, so we decided to turn it off after about 10 minutes. We then watched The Secret with David Duchovny. It was weird, but the plot was interesting enough to hold our attention. While we were watching, we had a good view of the stormy weather...and snow flurries!






After The Secret, we started Victor, Victoria, but only got part way through. Suzanne and Barbara stopped by for a tour of the suite, and we also gave our input to help Chad and Scott decide on their menu and guest list for their farewell cocktail party and dinner that evening. Eventually, we went downstairs to our room to get dressed for dinner. At 6:00pm, we went back upstairs for the Asian themed dinner the boys had planned. The food was all amazing, so I was so sad that I was only able to eat one bite of each thing because of my stomach ache.
After the lengthy dinner and conversation, we hugged Chad and Scott goodbye. :-( They let us take their VIP position at the Chocoholic Buffet at 10:30pm. We met Ryan, the concierge, downstairs, and we were allowed into the buffet before anyone else to take pictures! They were not able to do the full setup because of the rough seas, but the spread was impressive.

We each tried a bite, and thankfully it was not very good! It kept us from eating too much chocolate!!! We went back to our room, filled out comment cards for each employee that we had a good experience with on the cruise, and packed all of our things back into our suitcases. Between the two of us, our tummies were so upset that night, its a wonder we got anything accomplished! But, the weather had finally calmed down, and the ship felt like it was sailing on glass! It was a very welcome change!!!

No comments: