Saturday, January 16, 2010

At Sea 12/10/09

I literally slept all day long. I don't think I have ever been that sick and tired in my entire life. I woke up just a few times when Natashia was coming in and out of the room, but for the most part, I was out cold. I did manage to stomach about 12 saltine crackers and some ginger ale, but my stomach was still hurting quite a bit, so I just stayed in bed. I was pretty disappointed to miss a few things that day, like brunch at Le Bistro with Chad and Scott (although I heard it was the exact same food that is served in all the other restaurants, just in a fancier setting), the guest talent show (they did play it over and over on TV later...after hearing some if it while I was in and out of conciousness, I wasn't too disappointed that I missed it!), a meet and greet with Il Divo Fourever (heard it was too crowded to even get close enough to talk to them), the towel folding demonstration (learning to make swans and monkeys and dinosaurs!), and the Cruise Critics Farewell Dinner. I think the dinner with all of our new friends is what I missed the most. However, this particular day was the worst day in terms of the weather and the movement of the ship. There was a storm, complete with thunder and lightning. The few times I got up that day and looked out the window, I could not see more than 50 to 100 feet from the side of the ship! Visibility was horrible, and the ship was rocking and creaking as usual! For that reason, I was glad I slept all day and straight into the night!

No comments: