Thursday, September 2, 2010

San Antonio: Day 2

Nothing really exciting here...just a nice relaxing day spent with family!

I don't know why, but whenever I'm staying with Katie and Kristina, I trend to wake up so early! Probably because we always go to bed earlier than I'm used to! Lol!

So, I was up at 6:30. I talked to the girls while they had breakfast and got ready for work. After they left, I started to get sleepy again, so I snuck in a quick early morning power nap. Hahaha!

Around 10:30, I decided I'd better get up and get moving, so I showered and got ready and waited to hear from my brother who will be my chauffeur for the day. Well, he'll be my chauffeur for most of my trip, really! (Thanks, Dave! :-)

He picked me up at 11:15 and we went to the store to pick up a few things. I bought some groceries...a head of lettuce, apples, soup, deli ham...so that I don't have to eat out much while I'm here. I want to be frugal with my money and my calories! I've lost 10 pounds since the middle of July, and I'm going to try not to undo it now! (Although you can be sure that I will be having some good Mexican food while I'm here! Oh yeah!! :-)

We went to David's apartment, had some lunch, and then watched "The Newsies." We used to watch it all the time when we were little, so it was just like the good ol' days! David's friend Tara came over for a little while, too.

Around 2:30, mom called David and said that her car was dead. So, we had to go get her at work, take her to buy a new battery, and then David replaced it for her. He's so handy! :-) We ran one more errand (Compass Trading Company for a new wallet!) and then we went back to the apartment. Around 6:00 Shannon got home and we got ready for dinner. Mom took us out tonight for our birthdays. We went for Chinese food, which, even though I didn't eat much, is now feeling a bit heavy in my stomach.

After dinner, David and Shannon dropped me back off at Katie and Kristina's. They were out at a work function that Kristina had to go to, so I just killed time on the computer while I waited for them. They got home a little after 9:00 and we chatted and caught up and just enjoyed each others' company.

I am so sleepy today. I know I'm going to sleep very very well tonight!

No comments: