Tuesday, September 7, 2010

San Antonio: Day 7


This morning, I was up at 7:20. Tropical Storm Hermine was in the area, so it was pouring rain. It was kind of nice though, to have a rain on a quiet morning. I just hope the weather doesn't affect my flight tomorrow.

I washed some clothes and reorganized my suitcase a little. At 11:45 David came to pick me up and we drove to Universal City to have lunch at Felix's with Mama Ginny and Papa Dave, Aunt Barb and Uncle Steve, Aunt Gloria, and Amy and Joe. The rain and wind combo was really scary! There were several accidents on the highway, and at one point, most people were only going about 35 or 40 mph. There was pretty bad flooding, as well. The power flickered at the restaurant and a lot of the areas around Universal City had lost power. Aunt Gloria got a call that her neighbor's roof was blowing off! Crazy!

We had to have the restaurant embarrass Dave for his birthday, so he got the ol' sombrero happy birthday! 

After lunch, David and I went to see Shannon at work. The area where she works (near The Quarry) was without power, too. The plan was for David and I to pick up Shannon's phone and take it the Sprint store right there to get something worked out for her, but the whole Quarry was shut down due to no power.

We drove back over to our side of town, and luckily everything was still open. We got the phone thing worked out, and by then, Shannon had left work. They closed up early because the electric company said the power would not be on in her building until either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

We picked up Shannon and then went to see mom at work for a little bit. Then we went to Best Buy just to look around. The rain had still really not slowed down all day! As Jon said, it was literally coming down in sheets and buckets! I was supposed to do a photo session with the Felux family tonight, but needless to say, that did not happen!

The three of us went back to their apartment and Shannon worked on baking a birthday cake. At 7:30, we met their friend, Carissa, for dinner at Shogun, which was fun. There was a boy at our table with his family who was also celebrating a birthday, so after dinner, they brought out some ice cream with sparklers for the birthday boys.

After a quick stop at CVS to pick up some Claritin (my allergies have been driving me nuts the last two days!), David dropped me off at the girls' apartment. Katie had to go out of town today, so Kristina and I just hung out and watched some Gilmore Girls, and I worked on the puzzle some more. I went to bed around 11:00pm.

No comments: