Tuesday, September 7, 2010

San Antonio: Day 6

Happy Labor Day!

This morning, I woke up around 7:45. I got ready, and a little bit after 10:00, my BFF, Jon (hehe), came to pick me up. We stopped to fill up his car with some gas and then went to starbucks for a coffee, and then we got on the road to Austin.

Being goofy in the car

We arrived at Cheryl and Andy's house around 12:15. We talked a little and played with baby Virgil while Andy finished grilling burgers. Virgil is so stinkin' cute! He makes the best faces and he's pretty easy going! (Photos will be posted at www.sarahkatephotos.blogspot.com - check it in the next couple of weeks!)

We ate lunch (the burgers were so yummy!!), and then everyone got ready to go to a nearby park for some family photos. It was really hot, but in the shade, there was usually a nice breeze. I think I got some really cute photos! I can't wait to put them on my computer and get a good look at them!

After about an hour of photos, we went to Amy's Ice Cream for a treat to help us cool down. Jon and I said goodbye to the Terrels, and by 4:00-ish, we were back on the road to San Antonio. We arrived at Jon's church about 5:15pm. He has to go to Mass, and Kathryn came and picked me up for take two on her photo shoot!

First, we went right around the corner to Landa Library. We got some really good shots with a flowering tree, some columns, and a log cabin. :-) Then, we went across the street to the campus of Trinity University. Both of my parents went to Trinity, and I attended Trinity my freshman year before I decided it was too small of a school and too close to home and transferred to Texas Tech. Being on campus was a little nostalgic, but they have built a lot of new things since I went there. Its still a beautiful campus. We took photos in the meditation garden by the chapel, against the brick of the bell tower, and in front of the "Birthday Fountain." (check www.sarahkatephotos.blogspot.com soon for post!)

At 6:30, Katie and Kristina swung by to pick me up. I went with the to the newly refurbished Pearl Brewery area and took some photos of them. It is impossible for them to make serious faces when taking photos! I swear! I got maybe a handful of normal faced photos, and at least 150 goofy ones! (check www.sarahkatephotos.blogspot.com soon for post!)

The sunset tonight was amazingly gorgeous!

By this time, after three outdoor photo shoots, I was hot and sweaty and was in great want/need of a shower! The girls dropped me off at their place so I could clean up, and then went to get some dinner. At about 8:30, Jon came and picked me up and we went to Chili's. I got a much needed and very delicious salad. After dinner, he took me back to Katie and Kristina's. We all sat in the living room for a while..Kristina watched the news, Katie read, and I worked on putting a few pieces into a puzzle that the girls just started. By 11:00, we had all gone to bed.

No comments: